Buy India Train Tickets
There are three options for foreign visitors buying train tickets in India:
- Buy a ticket at the train station.
- Buy a ticket online.
- Buy a ticket from a travel agent.
Shimla is the final stop on the famous Kalka-Shimla mountain railway
Buying train tickets in India is a difficult and at times frustrating endeavour and often paying a bit more money to get some assistance with the process is worth while.
Buy Tickets at the Station
There are International Tourist Bureaus at 11 major railway stations in India, along with a railway booking office at Delhi International Airport. International Tourists Bureaus are the best place for foreign visitors to buy tickets, they also sell Indiarail Passes which allow unlimited travel during a set period of time, although you still need to reserve your seat on a train before travelling. The 11 railway stations with International Tours Bureau are:
- Agra Cantonment Railway Station
- Ahmedabad Junction Railway Station
- Bangalore City Railway Station
- Chennai Central Railway Station
- Kolkata Railway Station
- Mumbai Central Station
- New Delhi Railway Station
- Jaipur Railway Station
- Jodhpur Junction railway station
- Secunderabad Junction Railway Station
- Varanasi Cantonment Railway Station
Buy Tickets Online
You can buy your India train tickets using the Search Form below:
Buy Tickets from an Agent
You will find travel agents all over India who will sell you train tickets for a marked up price, although the problem with waiting until you come to India to buy your train ticket is that it makes it difficult to secure seats on the best trains which often need booking a long time in advance. To overcome this problem you could consider using one of the Official Agents for Indian Railways based outside of India:
- Bahrain: Indian Airlines Ltd. M/s Dadabhai Travels, P.O Bo.387, Bahrain. Phone No: 00973223181. Fax No: 00973210191. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Germany: M/s Asra Orient, Kaisertrasse 50, D-60329, Frankfurt/ AM, Main Germany. Phone No: 069253098. Fax No: 004969232045. E-mail: email@example.com
- Kuwait: Indian Airlines. AL. Hilaliah Bldg. Alsoor street.P.O.Box.594. Safat 13006. State of Kuwait. Phone No: 009652456700. Fax No: 009652434700.
- Malaysia: M/s city East West Travels, 23 Jalan Yapah Shak 50300, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Phone No: 0060326910903. Fax No: 0060326919829. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nepal: Orient Paradise Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd. GSA of Indian Railway in Nepal,Chalkhal,Dillibazar, Kathmandu, Nepal. Phone No: 00977-1-4428462. Fax No: 00977-1-4437990. E-mail: email@example.com
- Oman: M/s National Travel and Tourism, P.O. Box 962, PC 113, Muttrah, Muscat, Sultanate-of-Oman. Phone No: 009685666046. Fax No: 00968566125. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sri Lanka: Indian Airlines Ltd. No. 4,Briston Complex, Bton Street,Columbo. Phone No: 00941323136. Fax No: 00941445534.
- U.A.E: M/s.Sharjah National Travels & Tourist Agency Pvt. Ltd. P.O. Box. 17 Sharjah U.A.E. Phone No: 0097165517468. Fax No: 0097165683535. E-mail: email@example.com
- UK: M/s S.D. Enterprises Ltd, 103, Wembley Park Drive, Wembley HA 98 HG, Midllx. U.K. Phone No: 001819033411. Fax No: 00442089030392. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org